|Position Title||The Trans Collective Programming and Outreach Lead|
|Start Date||September 5, 2023|
|End Date||December 8, 2023|
|Rate of Pay||$18.00 per hour|
|Hours per Week||12 – 15 hours|
|Number of Positions||1|
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union (TMSU) is currently seeking candidates to support the Trans Collective, one of the TMSU 5 equity service centres. The position is directly supervised by the Equity and Campaigns Organizer.
- Plan, facilitate and evaluate events for trans, non-binary and agender students that meet the goals of the collective, including but not limited to events focused on education, networking, community building and activism.
- Coordinate programming for Trans Day of Remembrance, trans-only gym time and other programming priorities for the collective.
- Coordinate outreach and membership engagement strategies for the collective including but not limited to street outreach, tabling, class announcements and postering.
- Plan, facilitate and evaluate awareness campaigns that address transphobia, cissexism and transmisogyny issues on and off-campus.
- Produce, implement and evaluate the collective’s social media and marketing strategy.
- Builds a network with other student-based queer and trans organizations for the purpose of development, promotion and collaboration.
- Assists in the coordination of volunteers for event, campaign and outreach opportunities.
- Develops and coordinates fundraising strategies of the Trans Collective.
- Responsible for reviewing & making recommendations to the collective’s policy & procedures.
Successful Candidates Will Possess
- Passion around trans inclusion and combating trasphobia, cissexism and transmisogyny.
- Ability to overcome challenges and lead a project from concept and planning through to successful execution.
- Experience with community development, event planning and developing promotional material.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision but is team oriented.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to work within deadlines and adhere to regular tasklists.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to motivate others and recruit volunteers.
- Knowledge and understanding of equity issues, anti-oppression and creating inclusive spaces.
- Experience with conflict resolution and de-escalation tactics is considered a strong asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Must be a student at Toronto Metropolitan University.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter prior to 5pm on August 27, 2023
Subject: Trans Collective Programming and Outreach Lead Application
Please ensure it is in PDF format and that you send it to the correct email address as shown above.
The students’ union is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: First Nations, Inuit & Métis people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, members of the queer community, trans people and women.
Who are we?
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union represents over 38,000 full-time undergraduate students at Toronto Metropolitan University, in downtown Toronto. As the central students’ union on campus, the TMSU works to build campus life, advocate on behalf of its members, organize campaigns and initiatives, provide cost-saving services, and work with students across the province and country for a more affordable and accessible post-secondary education system.
For more information on the Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union, please check out our website at http://www.yourtmsu.ca.
Note: The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union is an independently incorporated and autonomous from Toronto Metropolitan University.