|Position Title||Special Projects Lead|
|Start Date||September 5, 2023|
|End Date||December 8, 2023|
|Rate of Pay||$18.00 per hour|
|Hours per Week||12 – 15 hours|
|Number of Positions||2|
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union (TMSU) is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Special Projects Lead. The position is directly supervised by the President.
- Assist with general administrative tasks related to the Executive Committee.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and delivery of new campaigns, events and services related to the various portfolios of the students’ union.
- Ensure active and timely communication regarding relevant projects with the student body and relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement campaigns, social media and promotional materials, social media campaigns and outreach initiatives in relation to the Executive Committee portfolios.
- Gather information in a concise manner, including online research and membership feedback.
- Other administrative and project tasks as required from time to time.
- Responsible for reviewing & making recommendations to the students’ union policy & procedures.
Successful Candidates Will Possess
- Passion for topics regularly discussed by the students’ union, such as student engagement & success, social justice & equity, and student action & movement building.
- Ability to overcome challenges and lead a project from concept and planning through to successful execution.
- Experience with community development, event planning and developing promotional material.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision but is team oriented.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to work within deadlines and adhere to regular tasklists.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to motivate others and recruit volunteers.
- Knowledge and understanding of equity issues, anti-oppression and creating inclusive spaces.
- Experience with conflict resolution and de-escalation tactics is considered a strong asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter prior to 5pm on August 27, 2023
Subject: Special Projects Lead Application
Please ensure it is in PDF format and that you send it to the correct email address as shown above.
The students’ union is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: First Nations, Inuit & Métis people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, members of the queer community, trans people and women.
Who are we?
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union represents over 38,000 full-time undergraduate students at Toronto Metropolitan University, in downtown Toronto. As the central students’ union on campus, the TMSU works to build campus life, advocate on behalf of its members, organize campaigns and initiatives, provide cost-saving services, and work with students across the province and country for a more affordable and accessible post-secondary education system.
For more information on the Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union, please check out our website at http://www.yourtmsu.ca.
Note: The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union is an independently incorporated and autonomous from Toronto Metropolitan University.