|Position Title||Graphic Design Lead|
|Start Date||September 5, 2023|
|End Date||December 8, 2023|
|Rate of Pay||$18.00 per hour|
|Hours per Week||12 – 15 hours|
|Number of Positions||1|
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union (TMSU) is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Graphic Design Lead. The position is directly supervised by the Graphic Designer and Coordinator.
- Assists CopyRITE, the TMSU Graphic Designer and Coordinator and Communications Coordinator with the production of graphic and digital material for the Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union
- Acts as a support for graphics programs, design and layout for TMSU campaigns, events and its services
- Works collaboratively with the Graphic Designer and Coordinator to assist areas related to graphic design and the TMSU’s image library
- Works to provide and assists with visual images for the TMSU website and TMSU’s social media platforms as required
- Assists in the development of digital media content including graphic and video content creation and storytelling
- As required, to attend TMSU events and document using different media forms, that may include a digital camera, video camera and other means as established
- Helps support the overall delivery of services of the TMSU
- When time permits, assists with other ancillary duties as assigned by the Graphic Designer & Coordinator or Director of Programming.
Successful Candidates Will Possess
- Experience with design programs, particularly with Adobe Illustrator & Adobe InDesign
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work within deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task and accomplish many goals simultaneously, while under pressure is key.
- Knowledge of graphic and web design
- Experience working in an office environment – knowledgeable on the systems and resources necessary to allow for the efficient operation of the office
- Can work independently with minimal supervision but is team oriented.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to work within deadlines and adhere to regular tasklists.
- Must be a student at Toronto Metropolitan University.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio prior to 5pm on August 27, 2023
Subject: Graphic Design Lead Application
Please ensure it is in PDF format and that you send it to the correct email address as shown above.
The students’ union is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: First Nations, Inuit & Métis people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, members of the queer community, trans people and women.
Who are we?
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union represents over 38,000 full-time undergraduate students at Toronto Metropolitan University, in downtown Toronto. As the central students’ union on campus, the TMSU works to build campus life, advocate on behalf of its members, organize campaigns and initiatives, provide cost-saving services, and work with students across the province and country for a more affordable and accessible post-secondary education system.
For more information on the Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union, please check out our website at http://www.yourtmsu.ca.
Note: The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union is an independently incorporated and autonomous from Toronto Metropolitan University.