|Position Title||Good Food Centre Outreach Lead|
|Start Date||September 5, 2023|
|End Date||December 8, 2023|
|Rate of Pay||$18.00 per hour|
|Hours per Week||12 – 15 hours|
|Number of Positions||1|
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union (TMSU) is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of GFC Outreach Lead. The position is directly supervised by the Good Food Centre Coordinator.
- Assists in the development and implementation of events, workshops, campaigns and advocacy initiatives of the Good Food Centre on topics relating to poverty, food security, healthy eating, nutrition and sustainability.
- Assists in organizing all food drives, speaker series, and community cooking workshops.
- Assists in outreach and promotion of the Good Food Centre including creating, posting and analyzing social media content.
- Assists in outreach and promotion of the Good Food Centre programs and campaigns, including updating the information boards with up-to-date information on Good Food Centre services, events & campaigns.
- Assists in developing awareness campaigns that address poverty & food security issues on and off-campus.
- Builds relationships with other student-based groups & community organizations to develop a network advocacy & campaigns resources.
- Assists in the development of the annual Hunger Report, including research on food security and campus food systems and data management of food bank usage.
- Responsible for maintaining regular office hours, providing resources and information to members and working to establish a clean, safe and positive environment.
- Responsible for reviewing & making recommendations to the Good Food Centre policy & procedures.
Successful Candidates Will Possess
- Passion for food security, nutrition, sustainability, anti-poverty, social justice, community services or similar topics.
- Ability to overcome challenges and lead a project from concept and planning through to successful execution.
- Experience with community development, event planning and developing promotional material.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision but is team oriented.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to work within deadlines and adhere to regular tasklists.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to motivate others and recruit volunteers.
- Knowledge and understanding of equity issues, anti-oppression and creating inclusive spaces.
- Experience with conflict resolution and de-escalation tactics is considered a strong asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Currently has or willing to acquire food handling certification (if hired, the Employer will cover costs for certification)
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter prior to 5pm on August 27, 2023
Subject: GFC Outreach Lead Application
Please ensure it is in PDF format and that you send it to the correct email address as shown above.
The students’ union is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: First Nations, Inuit & Métis people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, members of the queer community, trans people and women.
Who are we?
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union represents over 38,000 full-time undergraduate students at Toronto Metropolitan University, in downtown Toronto. As the central students’ union on campus, the TMSU works to build campus life, advocate on behalf of its members, organize campaigns and initiatives, provide cost-saving services, and work with students across the province and country for a more affordable and accessible post-secondary education system.
For more information on the Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union, please check out our website at http://www.yourtmsu.ca.
Note: The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union is an independently incorporated and autonomous from Toronto Metropolitan University.