|Position Title||Centre for Safer Sex & Sexual Violence Support Operations Lead|
|Start Date||September 5, 2023|
|End Date||December 8, 2023|
|Rate of Pay||$18.00 per hour|
|Hours per Week||12 – 15 hours|
|Number of Positions||1|
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union (TMSU) is currently seeking candidates to support the operations of the Centre for Safer Sex and Sexual Violence Support. The position will allow staff to learn about industry printing standards and work with technical printing and finishing machinery. The position is directly supervised by the CSSSVS Coordinator.
- Assists the CSSSVS Coordinator in the administration of the Sexual Assault Survivor Support Line, including staffing, triage, volunteer support, promotion and other tasks as they arise.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, coaching, scheduling and feedback for CSSSVS volunteer program.
- Assists with semesterly and ongoing training and workshops for Sexual Assault Survivor Support Line volunteers.
- Conducts research and collaborates with on and off-campus partners around sexual violence supports, resources and best practices for integration into the CSSSVS program.
- Coordinate menstrual and hygiene ordering, assembly and giveaway program, including maintaining inventory and membership communication.
- Creates and implements outreach materials and materials for distribution, as well as maintaining community resources for distribution.
- When time permits, assists with other ancillary duties as assigned by the CSSSVS.
Successful Candidates Will Possess
- Passion for consent culture, reproductive and body justice and social justice.
- Ability to overcome challenges and lead a project from concept and planning through to successful execution.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Capacity to assist with the Sexual Assault Survivor Support Line including support for SASSL users and volunteers.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision but is team oriented.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to work within deadlines and adhere to regular tasklists.
- Ability to motivate others and recruit volunteers.
- Knowledge and understanding of consent culture, equity issues, anti-oppression and creating inclusive spaces.
- Experience with conflict resolution and de-escalation tactics is considered a strong asset.
- Must be a student at Toronto Metropolitan University.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter prior to 5pm on August 27, 2023
Subject: CSSSVS Operations Lead Application
Please ensure it is in PDF format and that you send it to the correct email address as shown above.
The students’ union is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: First Nations, Inuit & Métis people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, members of the queer community, trans people and women.
Who are we?
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union represents over 38,000 full-time undergraduate students at Toronto Metropolitan University, in downtown Toronto. As the central students’ union on campus, the TMSU works to build campus life, advocate on behalf of its members, organize campaigns and initiatives, provide cost-saving services, and work with students across the province and country for a more affordable and accessible post-secondary education system.
For more information on the Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union, please check out our website at http://www.yourtmsu.ca.
Note: The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union is an independently incorporated and autonomous from Toronto Metropolitan University.