|Position Title||CopyRITE Operations Lead|
|Start Date||September 5, 2023|
|End Date||December 8, 2023|
|Rate of Pay||$18.00 per hour|
|Hours per Week||12 – 15 hours|
|Number of Positions||5|
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union (TMSU) is currently seeking five (5) candidates to assist with supporting the operations of CopyRITE Printing Service. These employees will play an important role in fulfilling internal client requests within CopyRITE – a campus communications store. This position will provide the opportunity to develop customer service skills and improve production and organizational techniques in a diverse urban workplace. The position will allow staff to learn about industry printing standards and work with technical printing and finishing machinery. The position is directly supervised by the CopyRITE Manager.
- Provides front line service to respond to and assist incoming and outgoing customer requirements.
- Offer recommendations on print options and service types that provide solutions to customers based on their needs.
- Ensure that all print jobs are taken with care, produced efficiently while paying attention to all details/instructions and completed on time.
- Have a thorough understanding of the POS system so that orders are being paid for correctly and all money (cash, credit, and debit) is being efficiently tracked.
- Works with others within and across departments to ensure smooth operations of both CopyRITE and the students’ union as a whole.
- From time to time, help support the overall delivery of services of the Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union.
- Assist in the independent completion of business cards, postcards, wide format printing and various types of binding orders.
- Monitor the CopyRITE website, keeping track of all incoming print orders and replying to customer questions/concerns.
- Provide quality customer service and own the appearance and standards of CopyRITE.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, keeping the safety of yourself, fellow staff and our customers as a key priority.
Successful Candidates Will Possess
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work within deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task and provide high attention to detail.
- Professional oral and written communication, including experience in a customer-service capacity, preferably in a student environment.
- The ability to be self-motivated and work independently.
- Commitment to high customer service standards.
- An understanding of the dynamics and diversity of an urban university.
- Experience working within a students’ union and familiarity with the Canadian
- Close attention to detail when examining files.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to share knowledge and skills with coworkers.
- Must be a student at Toronto Metropolitan University.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter prior to 5pm on August 27, 2023
Subject: CopyRITE Lead Application
Please ensure it is in PDF format and that you send it to the correct email address as shown above.
The students’ union is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: First Nations, Inuit & Métis people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, members of the queer community, trans people and women.
Who are we?
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union represents over 38,000 full-time undergraduate students at Toronto Metropolitan University, in downtown Toronto. As the central students’ union on campus, the TMSU works to build campus life, advocate on behalf of its members, organize campaigns and initiatives, provide cost-saving services, and work with students across the province and country for a more affordable and accessible post-secondary education system.
For more information on the Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union, please check out our website at http://www.yourtmsu.ca.
Note: The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union is an independently incorporated and autonomous from Toronto Metropolitan University.