|Position Title||Administrative Lead|
|Start Date||September 5, 2023|
|End Date||December 8, 2023|
|Rate of Pay||$18.00 per hour|
|Hours per Week||12 – 15 hours|
|Number of Positions||3|
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union (TMSU) is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Administrative Lead. The position is directly supervised by the Executive Director.
- Provides administrative and organisational support for a fast-paced multi-faceted work environment
- Receives, triages and responds to student inquiries via in-person, phone, email and other communication channels to answer questions related to the health & dental plan, campus groups, lost & found and other inquires that are received daily
- Conducts intake, books appointments and provides referrals to see the in-house lawyer and student advocate
- Assists in the maintenance and operations of the campus-wide lost and found including receiving and inventorying items, maintaining the database and storage, and addressing student requests
- Assists with the administration of graduation photos and distribution of photos to graduates
- Performs administrative support such as physical and electronic sorting, filing and data entry for the TMSU main office and its service offices
- Establishes office systems and procedures and assists in development of organizational infrastructure, including updating issues management systems
- Provides support and advice on how to make the office environment more representative of the diverse membership involved with the students’ union
- Assists in the development of data collection and the creation of databases, briefs, backgrounders, and other research documents for the benefit of the services of the students’ union
- Works to assist with outreach opportunities that the students’ union is involved in, including tabling and creating information packages, convocation and special projects.
- Assist in all other areas of work to develop and improve the current functioning, upkeep and organisation of the students’ union
Successful Candidates Will Possess
- Passion for student services, resource provisioning and/or administrative governance.
- Experience with customer service relationship, referrals and front-line service delivery.
- Experience with data security, handling confidential information, filing and office management is an asset.
- Ability to overcome challenges and lead a project from concept and planning through to successful execution.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision but is team oriented.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to work within deadlines and adhere to regular tasklists.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to motivate others and recruit volunteers.
- Knowledge and understanding of equity issues, anti-oppression and creating inclusive spaces.
- Experience with conflict resolution and de-escalation tactics is considered a strong asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Must be a student at Toronto Metropolitan University.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter prior to 5pm on August 27, 2023
Subject: Administrative Lead Application
Please ensure it is in PDF format and that you send it to the correct email address as shown above.
The students’ union is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: First Nations, Inuit & Métis people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, members of the queer community, trans people and women.
Who are we?
The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union represents over 38,000 full-time undergraduate students at Toronto Metropolitan University, in downtown Toronto. As the central students’ union on campus, the TMSU works to build campus life, advocate on behalf of its members, organize campaigns and initiatives, provide cost-saving services, and work with students across the province and country for a more affordable and accessible post-secondary education system.
For more information on the Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union, please check out our website at http://www.yourtmsu.ca.
Note: The Toronto Metropolitan Students’ Union is an independently incorporated and autonomous from Toronto Metropolitan University.